After missing our organ since Easter, all repairs have been made, and the speakers replaced. It is as good as new and sounds wonderful! We're finally going to have the opportunity to hear our new director of music, Ron Ellis, lead us in worship on the organ. And just in time for Holy Trinity Sunday. Holy, Holy, Holy... yes, yes, yes!
- that centers around God's table of grace, reserved for no one and freely offered to ALL?
- that is open to diverse understandings of God?
- that cares more about the relationship you have with God than your knowledge of church doctrine?
- that shares Jesus' passion for the poor, the oppressed and the marginalized?
- that encourages critical thinking, even doubting, as an important part of growing in faith?
- that honors the Bible as a collection of writings to be taken seriously, but not literally?
- that expects the Spirit to transform God's people and supports all who are open to that ongoing transformation in their lives?
- that seeks to follow the Jesus Way in the world, the way of radical compassion for other people (especially those who are not "like us") and all creation?
That's the kind of community we're striving to be at Holy Trinity. If you long to be a part of such a community, check us out. Perhaps God is calling you to join us in our mission.
Loving Not Judging
Beginning June 30, the Summer Choir will be an “ad hoc” group of individuals that can change from week to week as people vacation, etc.—made up of people who may or may not sing with the choir during September-June, or who may have difficulty committing to regular Wednesday rehearsals.
Join us "At the Table" on Sunday mornings during June, July and August at 9:45 a.m. Rob Bell’s book, "What We Talk About When We Talk About God" will be the topic for discussion. While it’s suggested that you read the book for a richer experience, it’s not essential. All who would like to receive Holy Communion are invited to be present at 9:30 a.m. for a brief Eucharistic service before the conversation begins.
11:00 AM WORSHIP includes a sermon from our pastor and Holy Communion. We also offer childcare during this service, beginning at 10:45 AM.